Description: The Workplace Consultant is responsible for qualifying and prioritizing potential new accounts and analyzing the best strategic approach to maximize territory penetration. The individual is a team player, who communicates clearly and respectfully to fellow employees and understands and supports the company goals. Meets and exceeds sales quota and responsible for opportunity development and volume results and increasing revenue and profitability.
The Workplace Consultant also works with the sales team, sales support, and other operational associates to make sure client needs are met. Responsible for scheduling, budgeting and tracking jobs to ensure efficient use of resources and job profitability. Has the latitude to make independent decisions on issues concerning the effective execution of the project.
• Assists in contacting regular and prospective customers, architects, general contractors, and real estate professionals to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Recommends products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests and answers customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Provides customers with product samples and catalogs.
• Prepares drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
• Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows, networking events and conferences.
• Monitors market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Participates in promotional activities (telemarketing, direct mail, follow ups, etc.) and sets up frequent users on E-commerce retail site.
• Actively participates in network events to develop business leads.
• Estimates or quotes prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
• Supervises and monitors status of orders.
• Obtains credit information and reviews CI, terms and conditions.
• Reviews customers purchase order and purchasing policy to remove any payment obstacles, as well as obtain deposit.
• Prepares order and instructions to manufacturers, reviews details with support.
• Performs administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
• Prepares instructions for delivery and installation involving appropriate CI personnel.
• Follows post installation details and audits.
• Consults with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
• Assists with projects under close supervision of Project Manager and Designer. Obtains credit information and reviews CI, terms and conditions.
• Develops strong relationships and an atmosphere of trust with the customer.
• Obtains a high level of customer satisfaction by meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.