The Finisher must be a safety conscious and hardworking. Work will be performed at times in a team environment. Good communication skills are required and the ability to follow directions.
Before they can finish, the Technicians must prepare the surface to be painted. They sand or grind away imperfections, and carefully clean the surface, since dust or dirt trapped under the finishing ingredients can ruin the finished surface. It requires manual dexterity, strength, endurance, flexibility and the ability to see details at close range. Those who work well with little supervision and care about attention to detail do best as Wood Finshers/technicians.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares surfaces for finishing using necessary power/hand tools
- Selects appropriate finish, depending on factors present
- Matches stains and finishes to obtain desired shades
- Applies finishes by brush, sprayer or by hand
- Matches stains and finishes to custom colors
- Corrects imperfections and completes repairs
- Distresses surfaces utilizing tools and abrasives
- Removes old finishes using the proper technique for desired result
- Performs quality checks according to quality standards
- Maintains basic preventive maintenance on spray booths and equipment
- Keeps work area neat and clean according to company standards
- Works safely and follows all company rules and procedures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Attention to Detail Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
2. Dependability Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
3. Cooperation Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
4. Stress Tolerance Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and the noise level in the work environment is within OSHA guidelines.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Trunk Strength The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
Multilimb Coordination The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
Near Vision The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Static Strength The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
Far Vision The ability to see details at a distance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is required of this position.
- 1. High School Diploma /GED.
- 2. Must have at least 3+ years experience in a shop environment and painting/finishing experience.
- 3. Functional working knowledge of general hand tools and paint sprayers
- 4. Detail-oriented and capable of working on multiple tasks and deadlines.
- 5. Dependable with a positive attitude & commitment for success.
- 6. Effective communication skills, as well as excellent attendance and work principles.
1. Is seen as trustworthy- consistently adheres to ethical principles and expects other to follow suit
2. Openly values honesty-is respected as a credible source and a proven confidant
3. Understands and values the importance of trust-keeps confidences credible source and a proven confident
4. Is conscious of his or her personal value system when faced with difficult situations-stays true to his/her values even when it is unpopular to do so
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Citizenship or work authorization to work in the United States required.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Corporate Interiors is a customer-focused organization specializing in workplace environments. From our foundation in 1985, our shape, progression and prosperity have been formed by listening to the marketplace and understanding the strategic direction of the clients we serve.
Corporate Interiors is widely recognized as the largest re-manufacturer of office furniture in the Philadelphia Region. The Company partners with clients to provide inspirational workplace environments. This encompasses an extensive collection of workspace furniture solutions; architectural solutions; custom millwork; flooring; audio visual integrations; comprehensive in-house design and project management capabilities; and manufacturer of eco-friendly new furniture.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.