Ruppert Landscape provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ruppert Landscape complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Category: Landscape Maintenance
This position is responsible for managing labor and materials in the field to complete assigned irrigation projects. Success in this position is indicated by jobs completed on time and on budget. This position must cooperate with landscape management field managers and other enhancement field managers to see that the overall goals of each branch are met.
- Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the company operates, the short-and long-term goals of the branch, and the financial position of the branch.
- Be an active part of our training process by attending or conducting certification training sessions on a regular basis.
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job hours, reports, and job costs regularly and acting as needed. Communicate budget hours to assistants and crewmen.
- Meet the client on every job.
- Monitor quality of work by inspecting the job at the end of each day and getting a satisfactory completion form signed at the end of each day.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and/or equipment in good working order.
- Complete purchase orders for approval before material purchases.
- Monitor AM and PM procedures for your crew.
- Complete daily paperwork including timesheets.
- Maintain your vehicles and equipment so that they reflect our image and provide a safe operating environment for other employees.
- Demonstrated skill and ability in servicing, repairing, and troubleshooting commercial irrigation systems.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to work with service customers.
- At least one year of experience doing irrigation work in a commercial setting.
- Two or four-year related degrees and two years of industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for a non-related degree, two-year degree, or no degree.
- Experience making irrigation material purchases and the ability to negotiate the best price.
- Knowledge of basic computer operation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English.
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license with a clean record over the last three years. Ability to pass a urine test for drivers.
What we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits with dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family-oriented company culture
Ruppert Landscape is a commercial landscape Landscape Construction and management company, a family-owned and employee-owned business, headquartered in Montgomery County, MD, with operations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware, and Tennessee. Our mission is to provide opportunities for our people, take excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the environment and our community.
Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify
Location: Dagsboro, DE, United States