Grading Foreman/Group Leader
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy and employment practice of the Wagman that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability in the recruiting of applicants for employment or in the hiring of employees. Wagman's policy of nondiscrimination applies to all work-related actions; including but not limited to employment, promotion, transfer, discharge, training, or retraining under programs to which the company subscribes; recruitment or recruitment advertising. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified disabled persons according to existing state and federal law. Requests by qualified disabled persons for reasonable accommodation are encouraged by the company. All employees are requested to encourage women, persons of minority races and disabled persons to apply for employment with the company.
Employment Type Full Time Hourly
Education Requirement: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience Requirement: 3+ years as a foreman, heavy highway experience
Special Skills: Blueprint/plan reading; experience in heavy civil construction, knowledge of heavy highway work
Travel Requirement: open to travel
Position: Grading Foreman
Travel: open to travel, primary location Newark, DE
We are currently looking for an experienced Grading Group Leader to join our Heavy Civil team at our upcoming project in Newark, DE. There will be a focus on heavy highway work, dirt work, grading, concrete, and transportation. Experience in heavy civil construction needed, as well as understanding of blue prints and dimensions analysis. This candidate will aid in management of grade crews, operators, carrying out related assignments and completion of project. They will provide assistance to Superintendent and lead crews on our 896 Interchange project as well as support supervision. Proficient with computer programs (Excel, Heavy Jobs, Microsoft). Capable of working independently.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction and geotechnical construction services. Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Founded in 1902, Wagman is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year! As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader in the industry. Core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
This is a safety sensitive position requiring work on construction sites with various safety hazards inherent in heavy construction.
This position is subject to drug testing and compliance policies associated with our status as a Federal Contractor.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervises, coordinates, and directs crew in grading and dirt related tasks for entire project, and other sections of project.
- Develop and/or assist in development of production schedule and responsible for implementation of work assignments and completion of same in order to accomplish production schedules.
- Assist in developing a weekly schedule and in carrying out sequence of activities for the road building crews and finishing operations.
- Maintains all records required concerning production, safety, attendance, time worked by crew members, personnel matters, etc.
- Responsible for timely completion of work assignments within the estimated costs while maintaining the company's reputation for quality workmanship/product.
- Responsible for the safety of those on the crew and will conduct all operations according to all applicable company and government safety rules. Will develop and maintain a proper crew attitude by conducting weekly Planning Meetings and displaying a positive safety attitude toward all daily operation performed.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance by all employees under his/her supervision with all Company policies; may issue disciplinary action to employees when infractions of such policies occur - with overall review/approval of project superintendent and/or company's Director of Human Resources.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl occasionally throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands
- Must have the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height - and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces
- Required to have acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
Wagman wants to keep employees and their families happy and healthy and offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees that includes:
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs that include Orthopedic Care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
Wagman's Core Values of integrity, mutual respect, safety, innovation, sense of urgency, and community are an integral part of every decision and every plan made at Wagman and these values have laid the foundation for our success and longevity for our past, present, and future.
Consistently being recognized with national and regional awards for projects, safety and community is a testament of our commitment to these values. Beyond the buildings and bridges which connect and improve our communities, Wagman has community engagement programs and initiatives which help to build better, for our people.
Wagman is committed to cultivating a workforce and preserving a culture built on our core values. Our people are our most valuable assets. We value the diverse identities, experiences, perspectives, backgrounds capabilities and talents that our people bring to Wagman.
From hiring to training, development, and promotions to special events, Wagman is committed to providing equal and equitable opportunities and rewarding experiences. As a family business providing a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with our mission, we foster diverse and inclusive work experiences and a sense of belonging.
Wagman is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We recognize and value our diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.