Description: An experienced CNC Programmer is needed immediately for our Renewed Environments division, which is experiencing exceptional growth! If you would like to work in an energetic environment and possess the motivation to succeed we are looking for you!
The CNC programmer writes codes using CAD/CAM software to automate power driven machines that cut and finish metal, wood or plastic such as CNCs, Beams, Saws, Edgebanders, and Dowel Machines . The job description of a CNC programmer requires the use of computer numerically controlled or CNC programs / Cabinet Vision to be used for automating machinists tools by using computer generated electronic data. Tasks that were once manual can be automated through the use of CNC programs.
- Creates instructions for machinists, operators, and assemblers.
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Creates Shop Drawings when necessary.
- Performs material take offs for every job.
- Makes calculations for programming including where and how materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using the software.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the client.
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Provides training for clients on automated systems.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
. Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS:
• Computer aided design CAD software Autodesk AutoCAD software, required.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints, required.
• Solid furniture product knowledge, preferred.
• Completed an apprenticeship, preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Associates degree in CNC Programming, a computer related field or a mechanical field, preferred.
• 5+ years of millwork or cabinet experience.
• Experience with programming and shop drawings.
• Related experience in supply management and inventory control, preferred.
• Experience using Cabinet Vision, preferred.
No travel is expected for this role.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Corporate Interiors is a customer-focused organization specializing in workplace environments. From our foundation in 1985, our shape, progression and prosperity have been formed by listening to the marketplace and understanding the strategic direction of the clients we serve.
Corporate Interiors is widely recognized as the largest re-manufacturer of office furniture in the Philadelphia Region. The Company partners with clients to provide inspirational workplace environments. This encompasses an extensive collection of workspace furniture solutions; architectural solutions; custom millwork; flooring; audio visual integrations; comprehensive in-house design and project management capabilities; and manufacturer of eco-friendly new furniture.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.