As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy and employment practice of the Wagman that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability in the recruiting of applicants for employment or in the hiring of employees. Wagman's policy of nondiscrimination applies to all work-related actions; including but not limited to employment, promotion, transfer, discharge, training, or retraining under programs to which the company subscribes; recruitment or recruitment advertising. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified disabled persons according to existing state and federal law. Requests by qualified disabled persons for reasonable accommodation are encouraged by the company. All employees are requested to encourage women, persons of minority races and disabled persons to apply for employment with the company.
Employment Type Full Time Salaried
Education Requirement: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience Requirement: minimum 3 years experience as an Assistant Superintendent on heavy civil construction sites; experience scheduling and coordinating subcontractors
Special Skills: Blueprint/plan reading; experience in heavy civil construction, knowledge of heavy highway work
Travel Requirement: Open to travel
Position: Assistant Superintendent
Travel: open to travel, primary location Newark, DE
Seeking an experienced Assistant Superintendent whose a team player, motivated to work hard and develop in our Heavy Civil team. There will be a focus on bridge structures and heavy highway work, concrete and transportation. Experience in heavy civil construction needed, as well as understanding of blue prints and dimensions analysis. This candidate will aid in project management and completion. They will provide assistance to Superintendent and/or lead team on our Delaware project as well as support field crews and supervision. Proficient with computer programs (Excel, Heavy Jobs, Microsoft). Capable of working independently. This is a safety sensitive position requiring work on construction sites with various safety hazards inherent in heavy construction.
This position is subject to drug testing and compliance policies associated with our status as a Federal Contractor.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction and geotechnical construction services. Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader in the industry. Core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction servicces.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise, coordinate and direct workforce of company on project sites, including line supervision (i.e., group leaders, foremen, assistant superintendents, surveyors, filed engineers, etc.)
- Develop and/or assist in development of production schedule and responsible for implementation of work assignments and completion of same in order to accomplish production schedules.
- Responsible for determining and ordering labor, equipment and material needs of project, providing sufficient time to obtain such and proper use and direction of labor, equipment and material on the project in such a manner as to meet production schedules/goals at a profit.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating subcontractors on project to ensure desired progress of the work and efficient management of all elements of the project.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory working relationship with owner(s), subcontractors, vendors, architects and all others involved in the successful completion of the project, maintaining a highly professional demeanor at all times.
- Responsible for the safety of all company employees on the project as well as all others on the project who report in any fashion to the superintendent (i.e., visitors, vendors, subcontractors, etc.)
- Maintain all records or supervises maintenance of such records required by the company and/or other entities involved (i.e., timesheets, production reports, safety reports, attendance reports, equipment reports, etc.)
- Responsible for monitoring compliance by all employed under his/her supervision with all company polices; may issue disciplinary action to employees when infractions of such policies occur.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level.
- Must be able to bend, squat, and kneel occasionally throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather
- Acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing required.
Wagman wants to keep employees and their families happy and healthy and offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees that includes:
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs that include Orthopedic Care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
Wagman's Core Values of integrity, mutual respect, safety, innovation, sense of urgency, and community are an integral part of every decision and every plan made at Wagman and these values have laid the foundation for our success and longevity for our past, present, and future.
Consistently being recognized with national and regional awards for projects, safety and community is a testament of our commitment to these values. Beyond the buildings and bridges which connect and improve our communities, Wagman has community engagement programs and initiatives which help to build better, for our people.
Wagman is committed to cultivating a workforce and preserving a culture built on our core values. Our people are our most valuable assets. We value the diverse identities, experiences, perspectives, backgrounds capabilities and talents that our people bring to Wagman.
From hiring to training, development, and promotions to special events, Wagman is committed to providing equal and equitable opportunities and rewarding experiences. As a family business providing a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with our mission, we foster diverse and inclusive work experiences and a sense of belonging.
Wagman is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We recognize and value our diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.