Administrative Assistant at Advantech
Cook & Boardman, Inc.
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting. EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Administrative • Dover, Delaware
Administrative position within the Accounting Department. Works closely with the Controller to support general accounting and business functions of the office. Provides high-level administrative support by handling information requests, performing clerical functions, receiving visitors, answering phone calls, and ordering supplies.
- Answer phone calls and assist customers with general inquiries, transfer phone calls as needed.
- Maintain and distribute company phone directory.
- Welcome and direct visitors and clients.
- Maintain office supplies, ordering when needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of company events.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Sort and scan checks for deposit.
- Maintain filing systems as assigned.
- Retrieve information as requested from records, email, and other related documents; prepare written summaries of data when needed.
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions.
- Assist with overflow accounting tasks such as Accounts Payable, customer maintenance, importing jobs, and job review.
- Perform notary services for the office.
- Other relative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Current and valid US drivers license preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong PC and systems skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting and financial processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require business travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.